Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Week 6 - Scientology, Rotten Tomatoes and Boiled Bananas

this week was harder than others but ill survive.
Monday was sister dijkwels 8 month mark so we went to get pedicures and winco. omigoodness. winco is the best thing ever. its sooooo cheap. and we went to ross and I got the cutest maxi dress and a maxi skirt. it was really cheap too #justification. we had a pot luck dinner with the YSA so that was weird. I am not used to hanging around kids my age and being a missionary because I feel like there is some divide idk its weird.
Tuesday we visited a widow and shared a sweet message. then we  finished calling the entire directory for the black canyon ysa. then we went tracting on our street and met some nice people and some less actives but we got horrid blisters and starting bleeding #embarrassing #wewereonlyoutforlikeanhour but its all good. then we had dinner with the branch president of the ysa branch  after that we had a lesson with seth our one real investigator and taught him some more. afterwards we decided to contact a referral. bad idea. this lady was such a grouch. holy Hannah. we knock on the door and dogs start barking like crazy. then she comes out and is like why are you here leave you are a disruption catch my dog its going to run awawy and never come back! so she gets the dogs inside and then yells WAIT why are you here again? im not Mormon im not on some list of people to contact. we said we are just the sister missionaries and are contacting the neighborhood we live around the corner and are new. and she was like and you just PICKED my house? well yeah? well im not interested so leave. we left and I said it was nice to meet you and she just looked at me and then slammed the door. in the words of pride and prejudice and I have never been thus treated in my entire life! I can home and cried because I didn't know how anyone could be that rude to a stranger. I feel like no matter any ones situation you could just say im not interested instead of you are a disruption leave. but I got over it.
Wednesday we tried to contact more people but summer is an awkward time to  be a missionary because people are never home or are just super busy trying to get places to "stay busy" we visited a widow melody and she had CRAZY stories. she is a smoker but will deny it until the day she dies. her house reaks of smoke but she says the neighbor comes over to smoke bc he doesn't want the other neighbors talking about him which is why there is an ash tray.... sureeee and she accidently went to a polygamist LDS church for like a month and couldn't tell the difference until she saw the husbands changing pews 3 or 4 times during sacrament meetings to sit with all the wives. and she was baptized twice because she "needed it?" so many stories haha  we taught the fivecoats a recent convert family a new member lesson and that was nice. then we had dinner with the YSA RS president, we had spaghetti finally! I was just waiting for that. twas good. then we were invited to a stake presidency meeting. they wanted to know about our wards and get to meet us and so we were a little hesitant at first but then I was like ok there is no point in beating around the bush and I was just completely honest and they loved it they were laughing and were like YES this is the sister we need you just tell it like it is and we love that (my thought was the wards aren't going to tell the stake president whats not working so where else are they going to get their information THE MISSIONARIES) so we DONT WORRY I was very polite. we just said that our wards are a bit slow to start and we are trying to help the members feel the urgency for the hastening of the work and how we are trying our hardest but the members are helping. and they were like no sister don't you worry we can tell you are working your hardest we hear it from lots of different people but its our job to get the members going so we need to do better with that, don't feel bad or down on yourself because its slow because that's something you cant control. so that made me feel better. then after that we had a meeting with the bishop of 8th ward and we told him we need more focus because we don't know where you want us to focus and we had a good meeting.
Thursday We had our 3 week follow up and I got to see my MTC district again! so that was fun .president talked on the doctrine of Christ and why baptism is so crucial  we had apricot chicken and it reminded me of caity. sister Pritchard and I got to role play and teach someone and the scary AP sat in and critiqued us but he was like wow you teach great together I really don't have any complaints so we felt pretty good about that haha we love teaching together  then we had dinner with the mosers and talked more YSA.
Friday was zone meeting we had a fun skill check and good training. after training we got snow cones then we went back to pats. oh boy let me tell you (that's hers phrase) that day we dumped 86 jars of rotten tomatoes.  she ended up telling the whole RS about us helping her and how much of a blessing we were to help her with that haha its too funny. she called us again this morning to come back AGAIN tomorrow because there are 5 whole cases that had gotten lost in her room that need to be dumped. so alas we will be going back tomorrow haha. then we had some pretty gross food for our dinner the people were sooo nice but I do not like tongan food. no way... BOILED BANANAS why they heck would you do that. but when we left sister d was like wow you really like that then and I was like um are you kidding me?? no it was nasty and she was like you are the best actress around then bc you even had me fooled. man I felt sooooooo sick after wards I literally thought I was going to barf. we stopped by a referral from the mean set of elders and luckily no one was home becauseeeeeeeeeeeeee well you will just find out then we went to the hardwoods (aka the coolest family ever and essential oils lady) they were feeding the elders and invited us over too. we told the elders about going to visit that lady and were like that house is questionable for elders. the lady that lives there is married to her step son who is a murderer. so they were pretty mad that they sent us there because we could've been in real danger. good thing no one came to the door. but we had a good time with the harwoods we weren't going to eat bc we felkt so sick from the tongan food so we just did sister harwoods dishes because she was soooooooooo stressed with camp stuff. I love their family! they are like a little older versions of caity and brad so I feel right at home with them. I got a work out dvd from her and then we went home
Saturday we did service and helped this old man move into a house. but the house looked like it was half gutted. and the outside was a disaster cans and cans of beer EVERYWHERE a night gown thrown over the bushes and half of the floors were gone like just subfloors its just bad. I cant believe that  anyone would live in that. also apparently they had 3 TONS of liquor that had already been taken off the property bc there was a couple that lived there before and were crazy drunks. that would explain it wouldn't it. then we had dinner with a fun family and they had a black lab named Zeus and he was soooo much like spot but bigger it was nice to play with a puppy. then we taught seth the second to last lesson before his baptism next weekend so that's crazy! we also stopped by Donnas and kwens to give them a book of Mormon marked and tabbed with my favorite scriptures and my testimony and a get well card bc kwen is sick and in pain. the elder gave me a blessing because my neck pain is back and it has helped ease it a little but I need to get that under control.
sunday was long but great we had branch council and the branch blitz to find the less actives information with the ward. but after that (we did splitz) I was just glad sister d was my comp bc the girl that wanted to go with me just kept correcting me or trying to prove that she was right or something it was weird idk I just smiled and nodded. haha but I was glad when it was over. so glad. we got stake directories! yay so now we know all the informations in the whole worlds well just the stake. then we had dinner with the Fishers they are the best! she is like a blonde version of mom and brother fisher is like dad. even his outfits haha. and hairline. brother fisher caught a big salmon on Saturday so he smoked it for us and it was SOOOO good oh my heck. then we met with the WML of 9th ward  and his wife gave us a RS invitation for donna. well we dropped it by and chatted and then I felt prompted to ask her if kwen wanted a blessing. she said no he wouldn't but she would ask him. she asked and he said... YES he was like actually send over the elders. so elders mann and boswell came over and gave him a nice blessing and donna was crying and kwen was grateful (think of grandpa b but a little taller and slower) that's kwen the dirty mouth and everything its so funny. but he still smokes cigarettes instead of cigars. gross. but that was A HUGE deal bc his aunt was married to the guy who invented scientology so kwen is SUPEr skeptical about organized religion well who can blame him with a religion past like that. I don't but it was a BIG deal that he let the elders give hime a blessing. so that was cool  well then we went to fill the air in our tires bc the light came on and this nice man helped us out bc we were so lost. and we made it home. welllllllllll when we woke up our tire was flat again. a different tire though. so we called the ZLs and they came and well. there was an allen wrench stuck in the back right tire and when they took it out you just heard a PSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTT and alas we were putting the spare back on and were going to the tire place to get a new tire which is why I was late to emailing you and that has brought me to  here. well I love you all sooooo much!! you are the best around.
love
sister wasden



No comments:

Post a Comment